Thursday, January 6, 2011

Home Grown Tweets

Interesting Icon
A chilly winter morning at New Delhi. I arrive at office and say "Good Morning" to slick run. Up comes me email and the tweetdeck comes up with 40 tweet updates. I follow couple of Marketing gurus on twitter expecting some good gyaan from them, or maybe a tip for the keen stock trader in me. A new Product launch, or a slight hush hush discussion about it makes the stock for that company go up higher.

Anyways, This morning I found myself in the midde of soup, a couple of these gurus had replied to random business magazine that they follow on twitter, so all that see now is a series of abnoxious RT and replies, of things that I have no idea about.

Nevertheless, to keep the spirit Retweets and Replies alive, I skimmed through the tweets, yet again failing to
understand everything that they were talking about "RT @___ Yes, It is possible @___ @___ @____" A series of snails is all I could make out.

I remember the good old days on twitter where tweets were all about, @____ attended "Emerging Trends Seminar" . I really enjoyed these, they were precise, had enough information, and kept me on the top of emerging trends or any other happenings in the IT or Marketing world.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the RTs or the "@". Infact, I myself have a series of them going on but to fill  your tweet page with these rather frequently is not going to take you anywhere.

Another trend that is catching up on twitter is the "participate in discussion" where twitter users hashtag and
tweet at a particular user for example "@marketing today" .
I tried following these too, until it ended up with some "yes/No" and edited tweets.

Let get back on the wagon of Home Grown Tweets.

Your Thoughts
Your Blogs
Your Advice

PS : @marketing gurus, Thanks for sharing all the information, have learnt a lot. But am loosing interest, please make us(me) a part of your "open" discussions off twitter.



021

No comments:

Post a Comment