Monday, January 10, 2011

Forever Young

Apple Software Update Icon
I'm not sure if I have shared my liking for "updating softwares" on my operating system. Be it  Mac/Windows/iPad/iPhone/Blackberry, there is something about the "New Updates are available" popup that makes my
world rock.

The softwares manage to keep themselves young, forever young. Got the iPad ?? Here you go, an update to keep your iTunes look good on the big screen, turn the full screen on, and now you can view the lyrics, the album art, all at the touch of your finger.

I am updating my office Windows 7 operating system as we speak, and am really excited about using the new IE 9, heard its got the look and feel of Google Chrome(I wouldn't be as excited, if Chrome didn't crash everytime I run a debugging application, and RockMelt.. bah..let's just leave it there).

Windows 7 is alright, I mean Windows has bought new clothes(funky ones) but is rapping the same lyrics, not a surprise to the Windows users. They all know, Windows Xp works the best.

I am a little disappointed with iTunes, I expected them to get better(bigger they have, huge download file with
every update) and change the interface, I haven't liked it since day 1. Its too intuitive(read complex) for a first
time user, same with Windows Media Player.

Mozilla and Real Player are two of my favorite updates, something new to offer everytime. Real Player, especially when it provides update option to the user.

Talking about updates, it is not everytime that I like updates, Winamp is one software where I would prefer the updates to happen on the backend and not on the UI. Even with the swanky(desperate looking, Gawky) skins, I prefer winamp classic.

RIP no more !!
PS : Forever Young Sound Track JayZ Ft Mr. Hudson....Peaceful
021

No comments:

Post a Comment