Thursday, January 13, 2011

BlackBerry, The Need of the Moment

I bought a used blackberry from E-bay the other day, and was I surprised by what I got. The description said

"Sparingly Used" which means(on marketplace sites) "I beat the crap out of this phone, its slow and ugly now" and the features "sparingly" work.

Anyways, Like I said, I'm very happy with the buy, saving money is good.

So, now that I have this device in my hand, I don't really know what to do with it. Do I really get important emails ?
No !! Not at work atleast.

For the record its a BlackBerry 8800, and my sole reason for buying it was the way it looks, so I don't mind not getting emails on it. But then, what about the universal question to any Blackberry owner...

What is your BB Pin ???

Damn, No Data Plan, No BB pin.

Quick comes my answer "Dude, its a business phone(looking at my phone, pretending to check emails and messages, in short act busy), I use the BBM only for my clients,I'm getting another one for personal use I'm working on it ;-)

So, The question remains, Emails on phone, really ? I am purposely not mentioning the "surfing internet" part,
because there is no way i'm gonna surf the net on this tiny screen.

Emails, well ,I have better options around, I have a netbook, an iPad and a Laptop.

Although, I confess, checking emails on the BlackBerry makes "emails" look important, and replying to them makes it "High Priority Work", not to forget the rudeness of constantly checking things on the BlackBerry when you have people talking to you. Great Seinfeld bit on this !!

All in all, I would need the emails on my Blackberry for that one moment when I don't have access to the internet and have an important email to check. I have had moments in the past where emails have driven me crazy and I have driven miles to take care of my business. So, I guess it all comes down to "that" moment. If you can handle it, stick to your generic qwerty phone. Oh, I almost forgot, I also bought it beause of the qwerty keypad.
My last phone an HP iPaq was good, not good enough(was expecting an OS upgrade from Microsoft,,I love upgrades !!! didn't get any)

All in all, I have the Blackberry, might as well enjoy the "High Priority Work"

021

No comments:

Post a Comment